terça-feira, 11 de outubro de 2011

Exercises using the verb "to be"

Read and match the columns:

1. Are you happy ? ( ) No, he isn´t.
2. Are you two tired? ( ) Yes, I am.
3. Are they sad? ( ) Yes, she is.
4. Is he hungry? ( ) Yes, they are.
5. Is she fine? ( ) No, we are not.

Answer the questions:

1. How are you? I´m------------------------
2. How is your teacher? He/She´s------------------
3. How are your friends? They´re-------------------
4. How are you and your friend? We´re---------------------
5. Is your mother tired? Yes/No--------------------
6. Is your father sick? ----------------------------
7. Is your grandmother happy? ----------------------------
8. Are you a good student? ----------------------------


Use personal pronouns and the contraction of the verb to be to rewrite the sentences:

1. Bob and Mike are friends. They´re friends.
2. Susan and I are sisters. ------------------------
3. That girl is beautiful. -----------------------
4. The plane is white. -----------------------
5. You and Bob are happy. -----------------------
6. My father is angry. -----------------------
7. You and I are tired. -----------------------

Supply the correct form of the verb "to be".

1. I -----------------happy.
2. John ---------my father.
3. They--------very happy.
4. My friends-------angry.
5. You and I -------hungry.
6. You ------my teacher.
7. He---------sad.
8. We ---------fine.
9. They --------- late.
10. Mrs Collins -------- my teacher.





Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário